Following changes forced on us by the Covid-19 lockdown, we regret to advise that our seminar will be rescheduled to take place next spring on a date yet to be arranged.
If you would like to reserve a place and be kept updated, please do register.
Taking place at the Templeton Hotel, Belfast, this event will address the key practical issues arising from the use of digital communications technologies in automated manufacturing and process industry applications, with particular attention to Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Covering key application areas such as control systems and energy management, pulp & paper, chemical, utilities, pharmaceutical, mechanical handling and logistics, robotics, automotive engineering, electrical and electronics assembly, packaging and printing, it focuses on the practical aspects of using PROFINET, PROFIBUS and IO-Link, from system design and safety & security considerations through to fault-finding and maintenance.
Topics will include (subject to change):
Introduction to PI Group – including highlights of new supported technologies
- An overview of the Group’s structure and global representation, taking a look at the protocol basics and their benefits to UK industry.
PROFINET network design
- The fundamental principles of good network design and the main factors that must be considered at the design stage of an automation system.
Network gateway technology
- Presentation and demonstration of network gateway technology, PROFINET to Profibus DP, PA, IO-Link and OPC UA
Industrial network commissioning and testing
- Learn how to simplify the process of testing, how to prevent network failures and resolve cable and network issues faster.
EMC for Networks
- The ever-increasing use of high-frequency switching devices in industrial automation can result in intermittent communications problems. This presentation will discuss the issues and explain the relevance of the recently released PI guidelines “Functional Bonding and Shielding for PROFIBUS and PROFINET”.
Industrial networks safety & security
- The basics of legislation and responsibilities for cybersecurity, safety and functional safety for Industrial Automation.
Update on Industry 4.0, IIoT, TSN and APL
- Explanation of IIoT, IND4.0 and Big Data, and how PROFINET is placed as the ideal network to fulfil the above.
Supported by an exhibition with demonstrations of actual tools used in configuration and maintenance, the seminar will be of great value to Designers, Production/System Engineers, Instrument Technicians/Engineers and C&I Engineers involved in the design, operation and maintenance of modern automated factories and process plant.
With nearly 80 million nodes installed worldwide, PROFINET, PROFIBUS and IO-Link are truly market leaders, providing state of the art digital communications addressing all the needs of manufacturing and process industries, significantly lowering capital expenditure on installation, commissioning and maintenance. They offer unprecedented integration of automation, control, monitoring and safety systems using standardised and widely supported communications and networking solutions.
This seminar is ably presented by specialists from PI UK member companies. Attendance is free of charge to pre-registered delegates from the User community, i.e. companies that own, operate, design, build or maintain automated process plant and manufacturing facilities. The event will provide delegates with an excellent networking opportunity and the ability to speak to experts.
Important Notice re: COVID-19
Please note that if any of these events have to be postponed due to COVID-19, we will let all registered attendees know as soon as we know. So please do not let that deter you from registering!
If you would like the option to receive the presentations that were due to be given and be kept informed of any new event dates, please register using the appropriate link below and be sure to tick the “please add me to your mailing list” box on the registration form.
Also, if you’d like to get into direct contact with any of the presenters, please tick the box: “The presenters and exhibitors at this event would also like to provide you with relevant information. If you would like us to pass your contact details to them for this purpose, please tick to confirm.”
More information and online Registration
Belfast, TBA 2021- http://bit.ly/PIUKBelfast
Birmingham, 27 April 2021 – https://bit.ly/PIUKBirmingham2021
Glasgow, 26 May 2021 – http://bit.ly/PIUKScotland
In case of difficulty contact Ann on tel: 00 44 207 193 8018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are limited so don’t delay – book today!