PI UK Privacy Notice
Who We Are
The PROFIBUS Group – PUK gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
PI UK’s registered office is at Suite 183, 19 Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1AN and we are a Trade Association carrying out its business in England and Wales. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number A8246656, and act as the data controller/data processor. Our designated Appointed Person for the organisation is Bob Squirrell, and he can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org tel: +44 208 144 9597.
Information That We Collect
PI UK processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is: –
- Job Title
- Business Address, or home address if that is your stated place of business or address for business communications
- Business Email or email address used for business
- Work Telephone Number or home number if disclosed to us for business use.
- Mobile Telephone Number if disclosed to us for business use.
- Skype Address if disclosed to us for business use.
We collect information in the below ways: –
Online or paper forms, emails sent us directly for business purposes, letters, phone enquiries, Skype or similar calls and text messages.
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
PI UK takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclosure, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- In the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address
- As part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes
- Enrolment for our events such as seminars, conferences and training courses
- To be able to analyse and act on the feedback you provide on our events that you attended
- To send you newsletters and bulletins as per your request
- To answer your questions
- To send you text books, certificates and other requested items
- To maintain lists of people that have taken our certified exams and the results of those exams
- To publish on the PI website lists of Certified People, where express permission has been given.
- To provide membership benefits the members of PI UK
- To publicise contact details of the designated representatives of members of PI UK
- To communicate with the designated representatives of members of PI UK
You have the right to access any personal information that PI UK processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. PI UK uses third-party companies to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We use R&A Squirrell Technology Marketing Management Ltd (TMM) to do our bookkeeping and tax returns and they act in the capacity of a processor on our behalf. The only information we provide them with is your name, address and order details to meet business and legal requirements. For more information about TMM, please read their Privacy Notice at http://www.training.tmm.eu.com/privacy-policy/
- We use PROFIBUS Nutzerorganisation e.V. (PNO), Geschäftsstelle Haid-und-Neu-Straße 7,
76131 Karlsruhe, GERMANY to process our membership details, international member benefits and online register of members, members’ products and services, and certified people. For more information about PNO, please see their website at: https://www.profibus.com/pi-organization/about-pi/contact/
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data.
The following organisations utilise some services (or parts of them) that may be hosted in non-EU countries, which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the stated purposes.
Personal data transferred from the EU to the USA is protected under the Privacy Shield agreement and we have also taken steps to ensure that these providers uss the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by the strict requirements to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws:
- We use The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp, a State of Georgia limited liability company to process our mailing list and newsletters. Therefore, when you sign up to our newsletter, any personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted in the USA. For more information about MailChimp, please read their Privacy Notice at https://www.dropbox.com/s/llt5c7dw3sow0h4/MailChimp%20-%20Privacy%20Policy.docx?dl=0
- We use Intuit (QuickBooks) to process our online accounts. For more information on Intuit, please see their Privacy Shield Certification at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9k64gxpkf9mlbw3/Intuit%20%28QuickBooks%29%20-%20Privacy%20Shield%20Certification.pdf?dl=0
- We use Skype for telephone and text communication. For more information on Skype, please see their Privacy Shield Certification at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ca41w7zc2b9nuq/Skype%20-%20Privacy%20Shield%20Certification.pdf?dl=0
PI UK takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: –
SSL, TLS, encryptions, restriction, secure log-ins and passwords, 2-step verification, password-protected networks, Avast Premium and Vipre Business anti-virus and malware protection and various other application-specific safeguards.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to PI UK, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services and for legitimate interests, we may not be able to offer some/all of our products or services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
PI UK only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for newsletters and/or direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Promotions & Offers (if applicable)
Occasionally, PI UK would like to contact you with details of offers, services, competitions/promotions that we provide. If you consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out/subscribe options or by contacting PI UK directly.
If you consent to us contacting you with the above-mentioned marketing and offers, please tick to say you would like us to contact you: –
I agree ☐
Lodging A Complaint
PI UK only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Bob Squirrell, Chairman
Suite 183, 19 Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1AN
Tel: + 44 208 144 9597, email: email@example.com
Information Commissioner’s Office
Signature _________________________ Print Name: ________________________
Email address: _________________________________@____________________________________
I consent to you processing my personal data: ☐
Scan and email form to: firstname.lastname@example.org