IO-Link Community Membership Guidelines & Benefits
As an IO-Link Community member you will enjoy the right to participate in all working groups, early access to all documents and the use of the IO-Link patents of member companies as well as free logo use. All this plus publicity for your company and IO-Link products on both the official IO-Link and PI websites.
Membership of PI is a prerequisite for membership of the IO-Link Community. In the UK, that would mean joining The PROFIBUS Group – PI UK at Vendor Level or higher.
Rights granted by IO-Link Community membership:
- Full access to all IO-Link specifications, including work status, fieldbus integration etc.
- The right to world-wide marketing of products with the IO-Link figurative marks, as long as the products comply with the specification of IO-Link and are tested according to the test specification using the test tools released by the IO-Link Community (vendor self certification).
- The option of working together in technical organizations of the community and the introduction of requirements for expansion and modification of the specifications (via change request through the work server).
- Participation in decision making regarding the direction the technology takes (right to make recommendations).
- Participation in common marketing activities.
- Joint use of patents for IO-Link approved by the member companies.
- Company and Product Listing on IO-Link and PI Websites
The most important membership conditions:
Membership of the IO-Link Community requires also written acceptance of the supplementary rules.
More information on IO-Link specifications and procedures is available in the download area of the IO-Link web page: www.io-link.com