New date set for May 2021.
We’re delighted to be able to announce that our seminar at the Advanced Forming Research Centre, Inchinnan will now be taking place next year on Wednesday, May 26th 2021.
If you would like to reserve a place and be kept updated, please register today.
Presented by PROFIBUS and PROFINET International at the Advanced Forming Research Centre, Inchinnan, this event will address the key practical issues arising from the use of digital communications technologies in automated manufacturing and process industry applications, with particular attention to Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Covering key application areas such as control systems and energy management, pulp & paper, chemical, utilities, pharmaceutical, mechanical handling and logistics, robotics, automotive engineering, electrical and electronics assembly, packaging and printing, it focuses on the practical aspects of using PROFINET, PROFIBUS and IO-Link, from system design and safety & security considerations through to fault-finding and maintenance.
Topics will include (subject to change):
Introduction to PI Group – including highlights of new supported technologies
- An overview of the Group’s structure and global representation, taking a look at the protocol basics and their benefits to UK industry.
PROFINET network design
- The fundamental principles of good network design and the main factors that must be considered at the design stage of an automation system.
Network gateway technology
- Presentation and demonstration of network gateway technology, PROFINET to Profibus DP, PA, IO-Link and OPC UA
Industrial network commissioning and testing
- Learn how to simplify the process of testing, how to prevent network failures and resolve cable and network issues faster.
PROFIBUS and PROFINET device configuration tools
- A look at the available tools and FDI with a live demonstration of PROFIBUS and PROFINET device configuration.
Industrial networks safety & security
- The basics of legislation and responsibilities for cybersecurity, safety and functional safety for Industrial Automation.
Update on Industry 4.0, IIoT, TSN and APL
- Explanation of IIoT, IND4.0 and Big Data, and how PROFINET is placed as the ideal network to fulfil the above.
Supported by an exhibition with demonstrations of actual tools used in configuration and maintenance, the seminar will be of great value to Designers, Production/System Engineers, Instrument Technicians/Engineers and C&I Engineers involved in the design, operation and maintenance of modern automated factories and process plant.
With nearly 80 million nodes installed worldwide, PROFINET, PROFIBUS and IO-Link are truly market leaders, providing state of the art digital communications addressing all the needs of manufacturing and process industries, significantly lowering capital expenditure on installation, commissioning and maintenance. They offer unprecedented integration of automation, control, monitoring and safety systems using standardised and widely supported communications and networking solutions.
This seminar is ably presented by specialists from PI UK member companies. Attendance is free of charge to pre-registered delegates from the User community, i.e. companies that own, operate, design, build or maintain automated process plant and manufacturing facilities. The event will provide delegates with an excellent networking opportunity and the ability to speak to experts.
More information and online Registration
Belfast, 20 Oct 2020 – http://bit.ly/PIUKBelfast
Birmingham, 27 April 2021 – https://bit.ly/PIUKBirmingham2021
Glasgow, 26 May 2021 – http://bit.ly/PIUKScotland
In case of difficulty contact Ann on tel: 00 44 207 193 8018 or email email@example.com
Places are limited so don’t delay – book today!