Free-to-attend training opportunity – June 26, Manchester.
Presented by PROFIBUS and PROFINET International and hosted by Endress+Hauser, this event addresses the key practical issues arising from the use of digital communications technologies in automated manufacturing and process industry applications, with particular attention to Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Covering key application areas such as control systems and energy management, pulp & paper, chemical, utilities, pharmaceutical, mechanical handling and logistics, robotics, automotive engineering, electrical and electronics assembly, packaging and printing, it focuses on the practical aspects of using PROFINET, PROFIBUS and IO-Link, from system design and safety considerations through to fault-finding and maintenance.
Topics will include:
- Overview of PI’s current and developing technologies
- PROFINET and PROFIBUS basics
- Introduction to PROFINET in process automation
- Industrial network design – proven principles and practice
- Industrial network commissioning and testing – tips, tools and techniques
- PROFINET and PROFIBUS diagnostics
- Device configuration tools for PROFINET and PROFIBUS in process applications
- Industrial networks safety & security
- Reasons why PROFINET is secure
- Cybersecurity in industry
- Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- Time-sensitive Networks (TSN)
- Advanced Physical Layer (APL)
- IO-Link for the “last metres” communication
Supported by an exhibition with demonstrations of actual tools used in configuration and maintenance, the seminar will be of great value to Designers, Production/System Engineers, Instrument Technicians/Engineers and C&I Engineers involved in the design, operation and maintenance of modern automated factories and process plant.
With nearly 80 million nodes installed worldwide, PROFINET, PROFIBUS and IO-Link are truly market leaders, providing state of the art digital communications addressing all the needs of manufacturing and process industries, significantly lowering capital expenditure on installation, commissioning and maintenance. They offer unprecedented integration of automation, control, monitoring and safety systems using standardised and widely supported communications and networking solutions.
This seminar is ably presented by specialists from PI UK member companies. Attendance is free of charge to pre-registered delegates from the User community, i.e. companies that own, operate, design, build or maintain automated process plant and manufacturing facilities. The event will provide delegates with an excellent networking opportunity and the ability to speak to experts.
More information and online Registration
In case of difficulty contact Ann on tel: 00 44 207 193 8018 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be logged in to post a comment.