That was the comment from Kris Hardaker of United Utilities, reflecting the overall opinion of the nearly 70 delegates that registered for our PROFIBUS, PROFINET and IO-Link seminar held on Feb 25th at the Manufacturing Technology Centre, Coventry.
The second event of its type in the UK, this free-to-attend seminar addressed the key practical issues arising from the use of digital communications technologies in automated manufacturing and process industry applications. It was supported by a table top exhibition of the latest products from some 10 of our member companies, who were kept very busy in the breaks.
Covering the use of PROFIBUS, PROFINET and IO-Link in key application areas such as pulp & paper, chemical, utilities, pharmaceutical, packaging, printing, electrical and electronics assembly, robotics, automotive engineering, mechanical handling and logistics, control systems and energy management, the seminar focused on the practical aspects of using these technologies, from system design and safety considerations through to maintenance and fault-finding.
Supported by demonstrations of the actual tools used in configuration and maintenance, these seminar are of great value to Designers, Production/System Engineers, Instrument Technicians/Engineers and C&I Engineers involved in design, operation and maintenance of modern automated factories and process plant.
Here are a few more comments from attendees:
- This day was very worthwhile for me as an introduction/taster, being new to the detailed subject matter. I hope to follow up with some hands-on training. At the moment I am not sure when that could be. I enjoyed all the presentations – we are lucky to have had these speakers which were all excellent – and felt that the venue was ideal. I spoke with Bob on a couple of occasions which was interesting and encouraging. Thank you once again, and to the whole team thanks for a great day. – Seumas MacLaren, WS Atkins
- Very good. – Derry Falkner, Fives Landis
- Great event, very interesting – Venue great. – Mark Harrison, Siemens
- Very good. Excellent venue. – J R Hoggarth, MCS Control Systems
- Very useful update and refresher seminar. – Ian Moss, CSV Controls Ltd
- Very well organised and presented. – J B Stevens, MCS Control Systems
- Great, thanks! – Martin Kidman, Sick (UK) Ltd
- Very good. – Eddie Hickinbotham, Ocado
- Great event, lots of useful information. – Adam Knowles, Ocado
- Very good. – Mark Bunten, Cougar Automation
- 10/10. – Paul Considine, Wieland, Germany.
- Very good. – Rob Carr, Dematic
- Very professional. – D Edwards, Dematic
Don’t miss our next seminar!
Following the undoubted success of the first 2 of these events, we will be organising a number of follow up events during 2016. Click here to join the mailing list to ensure that you are kept informed of when and where these will be.
To give you an idea of what was/will be covered, here is the agenda from the Coventry event:
|09.00||Coffee and Registration|
|09:30||Introduction and Profibus & Profinet Update||Bob Squirrell|
|09.55||PROFIBUS – Commissioning and Maintenance||Richard Needham|
|10.35||PROFINET Network Acceptance Testing||Peter Thomas|
|11.35||Current Trends involving PROFIsafe||Peter Brown|
|12.15||PROFIBUS and PROFINET – System Design||Andy Verwer|
|13.35||Device Calibration and Maintenance on a PROFIBUS PA Network||Andy Verwer|
|14.15||PROFINET for IoT, IIoT and Industry 4.0||Derek Lane|
|14.45||An introduction to IO-Link and its integration with programmable control systems||Peter Thomas|