Well met (again) at Stratford-upon-Avon!
The PROFIBUS Group was founded in May 1993. Twenty two years later, we were still celebrating with a two-day Conference with Workshops and Table Top Exhibition held 23-24 June 2015 at The Stratford Manor Hotel, Stratford-upon-Avon, where we have held our conferences for a number of years.
The conference was designed for engineers, managers and indeed anyone concerned with implementing fieldbus and/or industrial Ethernet technologies. It concentrated on the real issues of implementation, maintenance and management of PROFIBUS and PROFINET systems and covered the latest developments in PROFIBUS and PROFINET technology for factory and process automation including safety, motion control, wireless implementations, integration with MES and of course, Industrie 4.0 – otherwise known as IIoT – the Industrial Internet of Things.
The programme contained a goodly blend of presentations, demonstrations and hands-on practical sessions that were suitable for a wide variety of experience; from first-time users to those with extensive experience with working systems.
There were two Keynote addresses. PI’s Leader of Factory Marketing and PROFINET Expert Xaver Schmidt unveiled interesting new information about the future direction of our technologies while Simon Keogh, General Manager at Siemens Factory Automation & Control discussed Industrie 4.0, focusing on the requirements to be met before the “digitalisation of automation”, which will shape the factories of the future can become a reality.
Renowned PROFIBUS author James Powell of Siemens AG, Canada was also at the conference to launch the 2nd edition of his popular book “Catching the Process Fieldbus”, about which he says “the big thing … is the addition of PROFINET”.
Here’s what some of the audience thought of the conference:
- Excellent 2 day event, very well structured and useful information gained – Paul Freeth, Siemens
- A good event, excellent venue – Andrew Dymond, Rotork
- Very well organised, good chane to network and gain knowledge – Mark Carter, BAE Systems
- Very good – Matt Hart, Avelair Air Systems
- Very informative, very friendly, good hospitality – Alex Thomas, Babcock M&T
- Excellent venue and really well organised – Kris Hardaker, United Utilities
- This kind of event is very useful for both experts and beginners. It gives an opportunity to see new products and technology – Peter Gornjak, Vanderlande
- Great event, Great venue – Neil Ingram, MCS
- The Conference was good! I had a really good impression – lots of new technologies and the way they are being used was really interesting. – Mohammed Younas, Vanderlande
- Excellent venue and presentations giving plenty of food for thought – Ben Murphy, Wienerberger
- Good, some interesting content for sales – Simon Speed, MCS Control Systems
- Excellent organisation. Good combination of PROFIBUS and PROFINET Technologies, while also incorporating good networking opportunities – Nick Wood, LaFarge Tarmac
- Very interesting presentations in a good venue – Mark Dunstan-Sewall, Rotork
- Excellent venue, well presented conference – Tony Curtis, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Very good – Tugba Yildiz, Siemens, Turkey
- The event was very valuable to me from a networking point of view, and I thought Rene Heidl’s presentation on Functional Earths should be on You Tube! – Dale Fittes, Myton Electronics
We look forward to seeing you next time! Click here to join our mailing list to be kept informed of events.